Tuesday 16 June 2009

math rock week:day 2

School's out! Congratulate me, for I have un-officialy graduated from high school. I find that the summer holidays are a great time to catch up on whatever projects one might have started during the year, or possibly start new ones. Anyhoo, now that I'm stocked up with most of Aldous Huxley's books, these holidays might actually turn out to be somewhat constructive. Maybe I'll start delving deeper into a musical genre presently unknown to me. Fucking finally.
Giraffes?Giraffes!-More Skin With Milk-Mouth
buy
yalla





Anyways, fulfilling my promise of a weeks worth of math-rock, i present to you,Giraffes?Giraffes!. Hailing from Massachusetts, these guys are a 2-piece band that pull of quite intense and complicated songs. They can both play guitar and the drums, so it seems that they alternate between songs. Contrary to most math-rock bands, the bass has been substituted for tapping, which produces quite the fucking awesome effect. This band deserves all the recognition they can get, because quite frankly, musicians don't get much better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search