Tuesday 2 November 2010

Infidel?/Castro! - Bioentropic Damage Fractal


Infidel?/Castro! is an "experimental" band from Philly comprising of George Korein and the incredibly talented Colin Marston (of Krallice, Gorguts, Dysrhythmia and Behold...the Arctopus fame). They've been on hiatus since 2005 which is the year they released Bioentropic Damage Fractal. I'm really upset that I got this album only now because I would really have liked to discuss this avant-garde...creature with Colin when I met him. No point dwelling in the past, let's move on to the album.

B.D.F., simply put, is a sprawling amalgam of noise, idm, glitch and dark ambient. There are probably more genres/sounds thrown into the cauldron that I don't think I have heard...yet. Originally packaged as a double-disc album, us downloaders will have to experience the whole thing as one (unless you tag the 2 sets of track as different albums). I'm not complaining. The songs on this album range from under 2 minutes to over 20 minutes and every single one of them is insanity in audio form. I'm still on my 2nd listen and loving this shit more than ever.

Word of advice: I don't want to alienate my blog readers but it really would help if you are into the noise genre otherwise this album will go unappreciated. This is not easy-listening but rather rewarding once you get into it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search