Friday 10 September 2010

I'm In A Coffin


I haven't listened to black metal in ages but I recently rekindled my interest in the genre. Let's start with I'm In A Coffin. Now, I know that black metal is the "in" thing with the hipster generation (they have shed the plaid/flannel and have now donned the obligatory Burzum shirt as well) and I thought that this was just another couple of bozos trying to be all trve, kvlt etc. I mean, what else was I supposed to think when their members' names are Sad-Ist and Adorable? I must say, I stand corrected. I'll go so far as to say that I will recommend this band to anyone who is into the DSBM scene (depressive suicidal black metal, for those of you who don't know). The abysmal depression and claustrophobia which I grew to love in black metal are all here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search