Sunday 15 November 2009

Roseland NYC Live - Portishead


The concept of a live album is a risky one as it is usually a hit or miss and unless it is released with bonus DVD footage that happens to be remarkable, the album itself will be a forgotten release as is evident when considering the plethora of live albums released by countless bands.

The only two bands whose truly fantastic live albums/shows I would have sold my soul to have witnessed are Neurosis and Pink Floyd who also happen to be 2 of my favourite bands of all time so it came as quite a surprise when I found myself yearning to be in the audience of a live NYC performance of Portishead's, a band I started properly listening to less than a year ago. Accompanied by the New York Philharmonic Orchestra, Portishead have created the perfect live dynamic for their music which, dark and ominous as it is, gives one a feeling of true elation (quite surprisingly).

This record features fantastic and definitive versions of songs (such as "Sour Times") and it would be criminal of you to miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search