Tuesday 1 February 2011

Bassnectar - Wildstyle EP [2010]




Most people who know me know that I don't listen to electronic music much, if at all. This includes house, techno, trance and the rest of the usual club bullshit. If I hear some of it in a club/bar, it's a different story but I never really bought/downloaded any of it so I could play it on my iPod or whatever. As of late, however, my interest has been piqued by "dubstep" and pretty much everything related to it (S/O to all the good people BassFace UAE and some friends who keep me swamped with all the good stuff). As with most trends, I missed the boat on this one and actually started listening to dubstep only in the past 2 months or so. And Bassnectar might not even be considered "dubstep"; I'm that much of a noob.

I copped this EP after listening to a track called "Underwater" which caught my attention and was a pleasant surprise. I found myself playing the song over and over again, unable to get tired of the harmony between the surreal/angelic sounding vocals and the sheer power of the bass, made that much more intense by my Beats headphones (product placement kekek). Needless to say, I was hooked and simply had to get the Wildstyle EP.

The rest of the EP is actually pretty good. Notable songs include "Hot Right Now" (which is actually a remix of an Amp Live song of the same name), "Wildstyle Method", "The 808 Track", "Falling" and "Underwater". I've actually just named 5 of the 7 tracks on this EP so that should tell you something.

Content-wise, Wildstyle is something to be played in your car, at a house party or even at home . The interesting thing is none of these things are mutually exclusive in this case, but with a lot of other music they tend to be. This is very casual listening for the casual electronic/dubstep fan and I'm glad I indulged.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search